GCS/UN World Peace Day
Sport at GCS
GCS Irish Stream
Gorey Community School
At the forefront of education in North Wexford since 1993
Gorey Community School
* GCS 5th year student artwork has been selected as the Senior Post-Primary winner in the Vivien Ryan's Ireland 2016 All Island Art Competition entitled 'Imagining the Ireland of 2116' which is a partnership initiative between the Department of Education & Skills, the Department of Education Northern Ireland, the National Gallery of Ireland and the Education Centre Network.....Her work will be exhibited in the National Gallery, Dublin in the coming months....click HERE to see this amazing work. * Congratulations to the under 14 Hurling team who won the Leinster final last Friday. * Congratulations to Michael Duke and Sean Newans on winning 1st prize in Innovate Enterprise Competition and the cash prize of €1000. * Congratulations to Corrine Kenny 1st year who won the minor girls 800M at the Leinster finals.....she won in a time of 2 minutes 17 seconds.....breaking all previous records by 10 seconds.....Corrine will represent the school at the all Ireland finals on the 4th June. * Congratulations to 5th year student Chantelle Esper who came 2nd overall in Ireland in her Spanish Junior Certificate. She was presented with an award at the Spanish Embassy on May 4th. She was accompanied by her parents and her Spanish teacher Ms. Freda Yague.....Click HERE for photo * Congratulations to our equestrian club members who brought home the ribbons in the All Ireland Interschools Showjumping in Enniscorthy on Saturday 30th April. Jade Cody 2nd, Ryan McDonald 3rd and Sarah Dunne 4th in the Novice Individual. Well done also to Doireann Ryan, Rebecca Steacy, Lucia Merrigan and Michelle Hughes who qualified for the Championships in Millstreet....click HERE for gallery. * Well done to Lucy Fahey on being awarded a special merit in this years Texaco Art Competition. * Three of our 3rd Yr students represented the school in the Irish Schools Open played in Milltown Golf Club Dublin.The girls Katie O Hart , Megan Lanigan and Holly Mulvey won 2nd place in the Junior Cup. This was great achievement as it was our first time getting to this stage..... Click HERE for photo. * Congratulations to Vivian Ryan who is regional finalist showing in National Gallery Dublin ‘Imagining Ireland 2116’ art competition. * Well done to the 3rd year history quiz team who put up a brave battle at the finals to achieve a top 10 place in what was the biggest competition to date. * 'Congratulations to Patrick O'Connor, Sean Callaghan, Robert Kelly & Aindreas Heaphy who came 3rd in The Leinster ChessZ Secondary Schools Final 2016. Fantastic result, well done guys!' click HERE for more information. * Well done to the TYs who raised 980 euro for Make a Wish Foundation. * Congratulations to Lucia Merrigan who came 4th in the 1.10m at the Equesterian Interschools National League Final in Mullingar. Well done to all our members who helped achieve points in the league to gain us 4th place in the National League Table this year * Congratulations to the Junior Girls who won the Mid-Leinster team golf competition.....Katie O'Harte, Megan Lanigan and Holly Mulvey....also well done to the boys for reaching the quater finals....John Bolger, Cillian Hughes, Adem Spencer and Donal McCann. * Well done to Emma Carton who came 5th in the all Ireland Hunter Trials in Ballon.....click HERE for further information. * Well done to the 5th year Japanese students who participated in the National Japanese Speech Contest, especially to Chantelle Esper who came 2nd in her category.....click HERE for further information. * Gorey Community School win the Father Godfrey rugby cup for the first time at Donnybrook...click HERE for further information. * Congratulations to Robin Canavan and Lee Cullen on reaching the All Ireland Quarter Finals with Wexford County U19's Soccer Team. * Congratulations to Kyle Murphy who won the European 8 Ball Junior singles championship in pool in France. * Congratulations to Aoibhinn Kinsella who has won the National Credit Union Art Competition......she will be presented with her 700 euro prize in Croke Park on the 14th Feb. * Congratulations to our Junior Rugby Team on winning their semi-final yesterday over the High School by 29 to 13...click HERE for more information. * Congratulations to the Senior History Quiz Team who came 4th in the National final. * Gorey Community School Students “Wow” Local Bakers....click HERE for further information. * GCS is on the move with operation transformation. Over the next few weeks there will be information and support given on a range of health topics. Diet, exercise, lifestyle choices, mental health and wellness will all be incorporated into our get fit drive....More information HERE * Congratulations to Vivian Ryan whos work has been selected for entry into the regional final ‘Imagining the Ireland of 2016’ art competition. * Click HERE to see photos, video and information on GCS Late Late Show performance. * Congratulations to Aoibhinn Kinsella who won the Credit Union Art Competition, Also to Catherine McDonald who came 2nd place and to Sarah Costello and Sophie O'Callaghan who came jointly 3rd......well done to all. * Congratulations to the Junior Rugby Team on reaching the cup semi final. * Congratulations to our equestrian team of Rebecca Steacy, Sarah Dunne, Michelle Hughes and Doireann Ryan who won the interschools showjumping competition in Broadmeadows, Ashbourne, Co. Meath on Sunday 6th December 15. * Huge congratulations to Niall Fitzgerald who came 1st in the 16/17 catagory and 6th overall in the National Powerlifting Competition. * Congratulations to Castletown Minor Ladies Football Team who had a comprehensive victory over Kilmore in the premier division. * Congratulations to all gaining 4th place in Wexford Equestrian today. Emma Carton, Rosie Vince Jackson, Emma O Hagan and Michelle Hughes. Well done also to Sarah Dunne who came first in the Open Derby * Congratulations to Vivien Ryan who was awarded ‘Talbot Artist of the Year 2015’ and Janne Strydom runner up. Huge congratulations also to Sophie O'Callaghan, Aoibhinn Kinsella,Charis Kenna, Catherine McDonald and Sarah Costello 7 of 8 finalists in the senior Talbot Artist of the year Award. Click HERE for further information. * Congratulations to our equestrian team who won 2nd Place in Kildare International at Interschools Showjumping....Lucia Merrigan, Sarah Dunne, Rebecca Steacy, Ryan Mc Donald. * Well done to our Junior Golfers who represented the school in the Leinster Strokes competition last week, Alex Simpson, Cian Browne and Adam Meehan. * Congratulations to our students Jack Cushe, Aodhan Doyle and Gary Molloy also to Mr. O’Brien who were part of the victorious Naimh Eanna team who won the intermediate county final. * Congratulations to April Haxby, Michelle Hughes, Ava Pierce and Emma Carton who came 4th in the Novice Teams Interschools Showjumping Competition in Barnadown on Saturday 17th October 15. Also Congratulations to Lucia Merrigan, Rebecca Steacy, Sarah Dunne and Ryan McDonald in action on their way to securing 2nd place in the interschools showjumping competition hosted by Colaiste Bhride, Carnew on Saturday 17 October 15. Click HERE for further information. * To see latest news on the German Exchange click HERE * Huge congratulations to the winners of Supreme Championships - Millstreet, Cork. Sunday 16 th August. Click HERE to see photo. Team members - Lucia Merrigan, Glen Carton, Doireann Ryan and Orla Allen. * Congratulations to the following students from G.C.S. won awards in the Wexford County Council Environmental Section Art Competition 2015: JUNIOR CERT SECTION (1st - 3rd Year) 2nd Place: Joanne Fleming (2nd Yr) 3rd Place: Doireann Cullen H.C. : Joely Gibney Elliot (2nd Yr) OVERALL WINNER SECONDARY SCHOOLS: BARRY KENNY (2nd Yr) All the winning entries have been on exhibition throughout the county over the summer. Presently on display in Gorey Library, ending Friday 18th September. * Congratulations to TY students Sophie O'Callaghan, Aisling Redmond, Shania Keaveney, Colm Ennis, Emma Shortt and Rebecca Nolan who competed in the provincial finals of the Mathletes competition. These students were selected from 60 TY students in Gorey Community School, and 13,000 students nationally, who took part in the online section of the national Mathletes competition from January to March this year, qualifying as the top 5% of students in the country. Sophie O'Callaghan won the accolade of being top TY student in the whole country. The provincial finals took place in Google headquarters on the 18th of April, with Sophie O'Callaghan and Aisling Redmond progressing to the national finals to compete with the top 1% of students nationally. These took place in DCU on the 2nd of May, where Aisling Redmond came 1st in the LearnIT team event, winning a LearnIT lego set. Well done to all students involved. * Gorey Community School has been awarded our 6th green flag. This theme was global citizenship:litter and waste. This award is achieved over two years, there will be an award ceremony is on the 21st of May in kilkenny......more details and photos to follow. * C olaiste na Rinne 2015 Click HERE for more information. * Congratulations to the Junior Quiz Team won the prestigious finals of the Junior Cert History Quiz in Dublin; the first time the same school has managed this in two consecutive years. The school is getting used to Double History as last year both the Senior and Junior teams won the title....click HERE for further information. * Congratulations to Robert Kelly, Patrick O’Connor, Sean Callaghan & Mario Morell who came 1st in this years County Novices League & 3rd in the overall tournament! This is the first time Gorey Community School has entered a team in any chess tournament so we are delighted to be bringing home the trophies!! Well done to Robert who also won a medal for 2nd individual novices & a special mention for Edmunds Prudskojs & Oisin Dale who entered as individuals. A great day of chess & craic was had by all! Click HERE for gallery of this event. * Well done to the schools Athletics Team who competed against 8 other wexford schools at New Ross Athletics Track....Congratulations to Molly Maher - 1st Junior Girls 100m - Eimear O'Hagan - 1st Junior Girls 100m - Holly Whelan - 2nd Intermediate Girls Shot Putt - Kelly Brennan - 3rd Junior Girls 800m - Ciara Ryan 1 st yr came 1 st in the 200m intermediate semi-final - Click HERE for a photo gallery of this event. * Congratulations to GCS student Janne Srtydom 5thyr on winning 3rd place (overall Cat A) in this years Texaco Art Competition With her stunning painting of Wexford Harbour. Also congratulations to Aoibhinn Kinsella 3rd yr, Bethany Braham TY and Alannah Cheong who won Spcial Merit Awards. A special congratulations to Orla Nolan (Ms. O' Brien's daughter) who won 2nd place in Group D To find out more click HERE * Congratilations to Grace Kenny (TY) who came 3rd country-wide in the National Press Pass Competition for her captivating piece of photo-journalism. * Congratulations to the Senior Camogie Team on their ALL IRELAND WIN beating Holy Rosary College Mountbellew on a score of 2:6 to 1:3 Click HERE to see photos and watch the match on video. * Well done to all who took part in the "GCS Great Bake Off" more details to follow. * Congratulations to the Senior Golf Team who qualified for the Leinster Semi Final in a victory over St Ciarans Kilkenny.The team is John Bolger,Cillian Hughes,Alex Reid and Adam Spencer. Click Here to see photo. * Congratulations to Paul Boyle 6th year who was selected for the Irish U18 club rugby team that played against Italy in Ashbourne on Saturday last. Paul was selected at number 8 for the team and while the team lost Paul played excellently. They have two more games versus France and England in the coming weeks. * Gorey Community School’s Senior Quiz Team came within a hair’s breadth of repeating last year’s outright victory in the History Teachers’ Association’s Annual Senior Schools Quiz.....click HERE for more information. * RTE2 News2day in conjunction with Bronagh Carran from Texaco feature GCS Art Department to promote this National Competition. Click HERE to watch video. * Congratulations to the Senior Ladies Football Team who had a fantastic win over Our Lady's Templeogue. They now play Cross and Passion in the Leinster final. Well done to all. * D'éirigh le foireann díospóireachta na scoile dul ar aghaidh go dtí an chéad babhta eile i gcomórtas díospóireachta Gael Linn, Déardaoin ,8 Eanair,i gCeatharlach. Bhí siad ag caint i gcoinne an rúin, go raibh feirmeoirí na tíre seo ar mhuin na muice. D'éirigh leo argóintí chumasacha a chur i bhfeidhm chun dul ar aghaidh sa chomórtas. Chomhghairdeas le hAilbhe Ní Cholmáin, Sorcha Ní Lifely, Micheál O Scannail agus an captaen, Aine Ní Dhuinn, agus go n-éirí leo sa chéad babhta eile. * Our senior Irish debating team succeeded in getting through to the next round of the Gael Linn Irish debating competition, in Carlow, on Thursday 8th January. They argued strongly against the theme that Irish farmers are 'on the pigs' back'. Congratulations to the team captain, Aine Dunne, and team members Sarah Lifely, Ailbhe Coleman and Micheal O Scannail. * Congratulations to th Under - 19 Soccer Team on their well deserved victory in the quater final against Arklow CBS * Congratulations to our Senior Hurling team who had a fantastic win over Callan CBS in the Leinster Senior Hurling Quater Final. * Congratulations to our Under-14 Gaelic footballers who beat St. Kierans College Kilkenny. * Congratulations to Ann-Marie Eikrem who won the world Irish Dancing Championship, which was held in England. Click HERE for further information. * Congratulations to Charles McCann, TY student who was awarded The ETTA (Engineering Technology Teachers Association)Silver Medal for the Best Overall Male Result in Ordinary Level Junior Certificate Technology on Saturday 15th November 2014 Click HERE to view. * Well done to Nadine Kenny who won the wicklow schools cross country. * Congratulations to.....Aoibhinn Kinsella (3rd year)- Talbot Wexford artist of the year 2014 (Junior category) Runner up - Kate Millar (2nd year) David Monaghan (5th year)-Talbot Wexford artist of the year 2014 (Senior category) Runner up - Janne Strydom (5th year) Finalists Nicole Redmond(5th year) Guste Vastakaite(5th year) Maeve O’Callaghan(6th year) Weroniks Piwka(5th year) Aliesha Kirwan(5th year) Hanna Kenny(2nd year) Katie-Louise Murray(3rd year) Ally Yu(2nd year) Sarah Lynch(2nd year) The work of the above was showcased at the Talbot Hotel Wexford during the Wexford Opera Festival, 22nd October through to the 2nd November. Congratulations all 13 finalists and to the 4 overall winners. Click HERE for further information. * Congratulations to the Senior Golfers, John Bolger, Cillian Huges, Alex Read and Jack O'Sullivan who beat Borris Vocational School in the Interschools Match Play. * Congratulations to Shona Gregan who won silver in the singles badminton in the special Olympic games. Amazing achievement! Click HERE to see a photo gallery of Shona. * To view information and gallery on GCS German Exchange click HERE or News/Exchanges. * Congratulations to Ciara Goland who was part of the Junior Ladies Football Team who won the all Ireland final. * Congratulations to all 15 students who received Highly Commended certificates for their Texaco Art entries!! * Congratulations to the Under 17 Soccer Team who won the Leinster final and to Gorey Rangers Under 16 team who won Division 1 of the Wexford Schoolboys league with 5th year student James Lynch scoring a hat trick! * Congratulations to Ann-Marie Eikrem, 2nd year, on winning 'STAR BAKER' at the Loretto Great Bake-Off in Milford, Donegal. Texaco Art Success 2014 Congratulations to our Category A - Special merit winners, Dyaln Kearon 5th yr, David Monaghan TYand Kayleigh Byrne TY. Category B -special Merit winner Aoibhinn Kinsella 2nd yr Category C - Special merit winner, Paddy Delany 1st yr. Click HERE for further information * Huge congratulations to the Junior History Quiz Team who beat all other schools to win the all Ireland final... the team Laura Kenny, Grace O'Brien, Seamus O'Donnell and Charlie McGuckin were amazing....Well done to the History department on their double (Junior and Senior) all Ireland win!! Click HERE for more information on Senior win and HERE for more information on the Junior win. * Congratulations to Jade McDonald, TY, on coming 3rd in the County Wexford Enterprise competition, with her company 'The Candle Creations'..... fantastic achievement. * Congratulations to Maeve O'Callaghan, and Kayleigh Byrne who were finalists in the doodle 4 google art competition, their artwork was selected from thousands of entries and narrowed to 75. ... also well done to Janne Strydom TY for reaching the semi-final. Click HERE for more information * Gorey Junior Chess Initative runs from 6.30PM - 8.00PM every Thursday in Room 101 in GCS....All Under 18's Welcome. Click HERE for more information. * Congratulations to Eoghan Kennedy, Des Dowling, Sean Dowling and Jack Redmond who won the Wexford under 16 boys division one trophy for babminton. * Well done to the under 17 Soccer team on reaching the regional final, beating St. Brendan's Bray by 3 -1 * GCS Art Success Congratulations to Aoibhinn Kinsella 2nd year who won 1st place in the 11 - 13 Category of the Credit Union Art Competition and also to Maeve O'Callaghan 5th year who won 1st place in the 14-17 group... further news Aoibhinn Kinsella 2nd year has won the Chapter 9 (Leinster) Credit Union art competition........Aoibhinn's art work will now represent Leinster at the National Final at the end of December. .....Also well done to Bláithín Cosgrave 2nd year whose painting was chosen for the Texaco Calender. Well done to all. * Congratulations to the Senior Golf Team, Darragh Hobbs, Ross Steedman, John Bolger, Adam Spencer, and James Redmond who beat St. Gerards Bray in the Leinster Semi Final of the Irish Schools Senior Championship at Charlesland Golf Club.......This is only our 2nd year in this competition.....a great achievement to get to the Leinster Final. * Congratulations to our four teams who competed successfully in Wexford Equestrian on Sunday 15th September, Click HERE for more information. * Congratulations to the under 15 soccer panel who won the all Ireland final in Athlone..... Click HERE to see photo of the team. * Congratulations to Simon Minias this year’s winner of the Texaco art competition(this is the 4th time that a GCS student won the overall texaco prize) also congratulations to Emma Miley, Maria Clavero, Bethany Braham, Blaitin Cosgrave, Marcia Segismar and Matthew Goff who won special merit awards......and also to our 11 highly commended students Click HERE for further information
* Summer Examinations Timetables 2016
Click HERE to view or download 1st year timetable
Click HERE to view or download 2nd year timetable
Click HERE to view or download 5th year timetable
* Guidance Newsletter May 2016.....Naughton Scholarships.....click HERE to view
* Gorey CS have been chosen to pilot the new Politics and Society course for Leaving Certificate. Click HERE for further information.
* STEM (Science, Technology Engineering and Maths subjects) Clich HERE for further information.
* Chess @ GoreyCS -
* Operation Transformation......Get involved.......More information HERE
* Click HERE for Career Guidance Newsletter (March 2016)
Click HERE for further information.